Volume 41 - Issue 1 - January 6, 2022
State of Kansas
Department of Transportation
Notice to Consulting Firms
The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) is seeking a qualified consulting firm or team of firms to perform professional services for the project(s) described in Table 1 below. Interested consultants must email a letter of interest to KDOT.DesignContracts@ks.gov by 12:00 p.m. (CST) January 14, 2022, to be considered for selection.
Interested consulting firms must be prequalified by KDOT or otherwise demonstrate qualification in Category 241 Construction Inspection and Testing.
If a firm is not currently prequalified by KDOT, a proposal may still be submitted. Firms not prequalified must also provide documentation that demonstrates the firm is qualified for each specified category listed in this notice for the project. Firms may use the KDOT prequalification form to provide this documentation. KDOT 1050 Prequalification category definitions (Blue Book) can be found at http://www.ksdot.org/descons.asp. All firms doing business with KDOT must be registered and in good standing under the laws of the State of Kansas at the time of contracting and must comply with applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
|Table 1: Background and Scope of Project|
|Project Number||Background and Scope of Project|
|KA-3903-01||Staff Required: Project manager and inspectors as necessary to inspect grading, subgrade/base, HMA Roadway, concrete, bridge, seeding, erosion control, traffic control, CMS or AASHTOWare data entry, all project records, all project paperwork, and final paperwork, etc.|
|Table 2: Project Summary|
|Project Number||Route-County and Scope||Project Termini|
|Bridge #008 on US-59 located 5.69 miles northwest of east junction US-160 in Labette County|
Anticipated Consultant Scope
KDOT anticipates the following to be the consultant’s scope: construction inspection/testing. Note: This effort will be managed out of KDOT office in Pittsburg, Kansas.
Anticipated Schedule and Key Dates
- Proposals are due by or before 12:00 p.m. (CST) on January 14, 2022.
- Anticipated Services Start date: March 2022
- Estimated Working Days: 155
Instructions for Proposal
- No cost or pricing information shall be submitted with the proposal. Proposals including cost or pricing information will be considered non-responsive and withdrawn from further consideration.
- The consultant’s proposal must not exceed 4 pages total (including any cover letter, index, etc.)
- A PDF (2MB maximum size) of the proposal must be emailed to KDOT.DesignContracts@ks.gov by the proposal due date and time.
- The subject line of the email and the PDF file name must read:
- “KA-3903-01–ConstInsp BR 008 Replacement_FIRM NAME”
- The proposal must be accompanied by Special Attachments No. 8 (“Tax Clearance Certificate”) and No. 10 (“Policy Regarding Sexual Harassment”). If you need a Tax Clearance Certificate, you can request one at https://www.ksrevenue.gov/taxclearance.html. Allow 2-3 business days for processing.
- The outline in Table 3 below describes the expected proposal organization and content sections.
- Table 4 lists the evaluation criteria and associated weights which will be used to make a selection.
|Table 3: Proposal Content|
|Section||Description of Intent|
|Cover Letter||(no more than 1 page)|
|Project Approach||Describe how your firm will meet the fluctuating inspection needs of the project.|
|Approach to Quality Control||Describe methods or procedures your firm will use to provide all services with professional quality and technical accuracy.|
|Qualifications and Experience||For key personnel to be assigned to the project provide names, qualifications, education, training, and expertise. Identify their area(s) of responsibility and percent of their time dedicated to the project. List work for which you do not have in-house capability and name the firm you propose to subcontract with.|
|Past Performance||Describe team’s past performance with respect to ability to meet project schedules; quality of work; and ability to control costs on similar transportation projects, especially those performed for KDOT. Include three references and contact information.|
|Familiarity with KDOT and Project Area||Describe team’s familiarity with KDOT’s inspection processes and standards. Describe familiarity with the project area and any identified special site conditions.|
|Table 4: Evaluation Factors|
|The quality and completeness of the response||10%|
|Availability to respond to the work||20%|
|Qualifications and experience of project manager and other key project team members proposed for services||20%|
|Past performance history for similar projects/services for KDOT||20%|
|Understanding of the project area||10%|
|Understanding of KDOT contract administration and closeout procedures||20%|
Contract Terms and Conditions
A standard KDOT agreement for engineering and technical services will be used for professional services projects. The following special attachments will need to be provided by the selected consultant and all subconsultants with the signed work order following negotiations and will become attachments to the contract.
- Special Attachment No. 8 (“Tax Clearance Certificate”)
- Special Attachment No. 10 (“Policy Regarding Sexual Harassment”)
All questions regarding this request for proposals shall be emailed to KDOT.DesignContracts@ks.gov.
Questions can be submitted until January 6, 2022; answers will be provided to all prequalified consultants on January 7, 2022.
Ben Asnicar, P.E.
Interim Assistant Contracts Manager
Doc. No. 049688