Volume 40 - Issue 4 - January 28, 2021
State of Kansas
Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism
Notice of Requested “On-Call” Civil/Structural Engineering Services
Notice is hereby given of the commencement of the selection process for “on-call” Civil/Structural Engineering services for the State of Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism. Services are required for restricted (small) projects with a project budget of $1,000,000 or less. Multiple firms may be selected. The contract will be for three years. For more information, contact Brett Blackburn at email@example.com or 785-296-8404.
Respondents should demonstrate their capacity for success on projects involving civil/structural engineering projects in Kansas and/or surrounding states. Vendors shall have a strong understanding and success in the application of the underlying principles of civil/structural engineering using a combination of engineering best management practices and techniques with10 or more verifiable years’ experience (15 or more preferred).
Preferred qualifications for Licensed Civil/Structural Engineering Consultant include but may not be limited to:
- Experience in design of roadway improvements, including curb and gutter, storm sewer, and pavement markings/signing, utility line alignment and improvements.
- Experience in design of waterline and water mains for campgrounds.
- Experience in wastewater design including gravity sanitary sewers, force mains, pump stations and grinder pumps, lagoon design, sizing and rehabilitation, and septic systems.
- An understanding of KDHE and other regulatory agency’s regulations/statutes concerning wastewater/stormwater management, regulation, permitting, and compliance.
- Proficiency in the analysis, design, construction, and maintenance of load bearing structures that reinforce or counteract loads in dams, bridges, buildings, and other structures.
- Proficiency specifying, examining, and inspecting materials to be used for the construction of complex structures including, dams, bridges, pre-manufactured restrooms, shelters, shower buildings, cabins, and other load bearing structures.
- Familiarity with the requirements which can be found in the Building Design and Construction Manual at http://admin.ks.gov/offices/ofpm/dcc/f-and-d, as well as KS_DAOFPM submission procedures.
- Experience working with FEMA, USACE, DWR, and other regulatory agencies to obtain permitting/approval for applicable projects (including NPDES, SWPPP, etc.).
- Bridge inspection and design.
- Dam safety inspections, slide mitigation (including RSS slope stabilization), and dam/spillway improvement design (including tower, inlet/outlet, spillway, valve, etc.).
- Inundation Mapping review, hydrologic and hydraulic analysis/modeling for lake/dam study, FEMA grant submission knowledge, and other dam/lake related management functions.
- Pond/dike design, modification and repair, and working knowledge of pumps and pumphouses, including design of transfer systems in wildlife and low water areas.
- Boat ramp design and repair.
- Shooting range component design and improvements.
- Concrete, asphalt, and aggregate parking lot, roadway, and path design and maintenance.
- Experience developing conceptual, construction-ready, and as-built designs for projects (e.g., including appropriately “stamped” drawings as applicable.)
- Successful preparation of federal and state permit applications and associated plans for related projects.
- Ability and willingness to build upon previously developed assessments, adjust design concepts, and work with local, federal, and state officials to meet project goals.
- Ability to perform/provide proper topographical surveys and related information.
- Experienced in providing, hiring, or collaborating work product with qualified geotechnical professionals as needed for design, analysis and project completion.
- Experience providing effective presentation of project related information to the public or other stakeholders, if needed.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders including landowners, state and local agencies/boards, and project administrators related to reporting site specific project details before, during and after construction.
- Successful preparation of bid documents and demonstrated effectiveness facilitating pre-bid meetings, site visits, and all related correspondence.
- Construction oversight of contractors implementing plans, design specifications, and meeting permit conditions for related projects.
- A demonstrated ability to meet project goals within the projected timeline and budget.
- Ability to respond timely to solicitation from agency and timely initiate consultation/design and project needs.
- Respondent must show proof of registration and or certification with the Kansas State Board of Technical Professions for applicable work classifications.
- 10 or more years of verifiable experience in licensed civil/structural engineering (15 or more preferred).
Proposals should include a PDF of the following: Statement of professional qualifications (similar to State of Kansas DCC Forms 050,052,054), and information regarding similar work experience. Include firm name, address, contact phone number, and email.
To be considered, proposals should be via email along with a transmittal to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the proposer’s responsibility to ensure proposals are received by the closing date and time. Delays in email delivery or any other means of transmittal shall not excuse late proposal submissions. Proposals received after the date and time noted below will not be considered. The PDF proposal submissions shall be delivered to the attention of email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on or before Friday, February 12, 2021.
The State of Kansas, as a matter of public policy, encourages anyone doing business with the State of Kansas to take steps to discourage human trafficking. If prospective bidders/vendors/contractors have any policies or participate in any initiatives that discourage human trafficking, the prospective bidder/vendor/contractor is encouraged to submit same as part of their bid response.
Doc. No. 0448810