Volume 40 - Issue 25 - June 24, 2021
State of Kansas
Office of the Governor
Executive Order No. 21-23
Rescinding Certain Executive Orders Relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic
WHEREAS, securing the health, safety, and economic well-being of residents of the State of Kansas is this Administration’s top priority;
WHEREAS, a State of Disaster Emergency was proclaimed for the State of Kansas on March 12, 2020, and such emergency was extended to May 28, 2021, through various legislative mechanisms and by Senate Bill 40 enacted during the 2021 Legislative Session;
WHEREAS, as of this date, there have been 316,014 positive cases of COVID-19 in Kansas, spread among all 105 counties and 5,125 deaths as a result of the illness, though rates of positive cases, hospitalizations, and deaths have fallen dramatically from the peaks reached during the winter of 2020-2021;
WHEREAS, since declaring a state of disaster emergency in March 2020, my administration has used every means at its disposal to keep Kansans safe, including preventing unnecessary spread of COVID-19 by making it easier to interact with government agencies online or to postpone the payment of certain fees or to extend certain deadlines;
WHEREAS, many of these measures have been accomplished through emergency executive orders, and as the conditions of the pandemic or relevant law have evolved I have rescinded certain executive orders that have become no longer needed for our emergency response efforts; and
WHEREAS, certain emergency executive orders still in effect—addressing issues from tax withholding and driver’s license renewals to unemployment benefits and tuberculin testing—are no longer essential to the emergency response to the pandemic.
NOW, THEREFORE, pursuant to the authority vested in me as Governor of the State of Kansas, including the authority granted me by K.S.A. 48-924 and K.S.A. 48-925(b), (c)(1), and (c)(11), I hereby rescind the following orders effective as of 11:59 p.m. on the dates noted below:
- Executive Order 21-10 regarding remote notaries and witnesses is hereby rescinded effective July 15, 2021.
- Executive Order 21-12 regarding licensure, certification, and registration for persons and Licensure of “Adult Care Homes” during state of disaster emergency is hereby rescinded effective June 15, 2021.
- Executive Order 21-16 regarding provisions related to drivers’ license and identification cards during the state of disaster emergency is hereby rescinded effective June 30, 2021.
- Executive Order 21-17 waiving the waiting week requirement for unemployment insurance benefits is hereby rescinded effective June 15, 2021.
- Executive Order 21-18 regarding temporary provisions for employer payment of income tax withholding for work performed in another state is hereby rescinded effective June 15, 2021.
- Executive Order 21-19 regarding temporary relief from certain tuberculin testing requirements is hereby rescinded effective June 15, 2021.
- Executive Order 21-20 regarding extending time for Kansas rural water districts to hold annual meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic is hereby rescinded effective June 30, 2021.
This document shall be filed with the Secretary of State as Executive Order 21-23. It shall become effective immediately.
Dated June 14, 2021.
Doc. No. 049234