Volume 40 - Issue 20 - May 20, 2021
(Published in the Kansas Register May 20, 2021.)
Skyland Grain, LLC
Request for Proposals
Interested parties are invited to submit a proposal to complete the below scope of repairs for the proposed Skyland Grain, LLC Elkhart, Kansas project.
Scope of Work
The Skyland Grain, LLC elevator track rehabilitation at Elkhart, Kansas. Provide all equipment, labor, and logistical services to supply all required materials; complete all rehabilitation and track construction work, ties, ballast, etc. The scope of work is further described as follows:
- Clear off debris and perform rehabilitation on approximately 2,400 feet of track at the Skyland Grain, LLC location in Elkhart, Kansas
- Inspection and replacement of approximately 345 ties
- Replacement of rail as needed
- Surfacing of the tracks
- Addition of new ballasts
Work in progress and the completed project must be done in compliance with applicable FRA Class I track specifications and applicable AREMA standards.
Roadway Worker Protection
All contractors shall comply with all parts of 49 CFR Part 214 and 219 regarding FRA Roadway Worker Safety at all times. Men and equipment shall remain clear of the track unless they have gained Roadway Worker Protection from a qualified person.
Skyland Grain, LLC requires all contractors to provide a Certificate of Insurance prior to work being performed.
Proposals must be submitted no later than June 3, 2021. All proposals will be reviewed by Skyland Grain, LLC. All proposals must include the following line items and provide costs as required:
- Provide sum of all line items on the proposal
- Removal and installation of new track
- Installation of 345 relay grade ties
- Replacement of rail
- Installation of ballast
- Surfacing of track
The following documents shall be submitted by the contractor as part of the project, at the times listed:
- Schedule of Work – submitted with proposal
- Certificate of Insurance – submitted prior to construction
- Permits – contractor is responsible for all federal, state, and local permits required for the work.
- Utilities – contractor is responsible to locate and protect site utilities.
- Site Clean-up – contractor is responsible for proper site restoration and proper disposal of materials removed in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws.
Material storage is granted on railroad right of way to the contractor. However, no materials shall be stored closer than 15’ from the centerline of any active track at any time. Material and equipment laydown areas and reclaimed materials stockpiling locations shall be discussed and further clarified at the pre-proposal meeting.
Skyland Grain, LLC shall hold a pre-construction meeting at the project site to identify and mark ties that will be replaced.
All work pertaining to this project shall be completed by June 3, 2022.
Daily/Weekly reports must be submitted to Amanda Florence.
If interested, please email your proposal to Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Operating Officer
Doc. No. 049158