SECRETARY OF STATE SCOTT SCHWAB APPOINTED TO NASS EXECUTIVE BOARD
July 24, 2020
TOPEKA – Kansas Secretary of State Scott Schwab today announced his induction to the National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) Executive Board as Midwestern Region Vice-President.
"It is an honor to be selected by my colleagues to serve on the NASS Executive Board," said Secretary Schwab. "As we approach the 2020 election, it is imperative that our nation's election officials continue to work together to ensure a safe and secure election process. I am humbled to help lead my colleagues in executing this charge."
Appointed annually by the NASS President and approved by member vote, the Executive Board is the chief governing body of NASS. Schwab’s term as Midwestern Region Vice-President expires July 2021.
Joining Schwab as newly elected NASS Executive Board members are:
- President: Hon. Maggie Toulouse Oliver, New Mexico
- Treasurer: Hon. Tahesha Way, New Jersey
- Secretary: Hon. Steve Simon, Minnesota
- Eastern Region Vice-President: Hon. Nellie Gorbea, Rhode Island
- Southern Region Vice-President: Hon. John Merrill, Alabama
- Midwestern Region Vice-President: Hon. Scott Schwab, Kansas
- Western Region Vice-President: Hon. Katie Hobbs, Arizona
- Member-at-Large (NPA Section): Hon. Connie Lawson, Indiana
- Member-at-Large (ACR Section): Hon. Jim Condos, Vermont
Founded in 1904, the National Association of Secretaries of State is the nation's oldest, nonpartisan professional organization for public officials. Membership is open to the 50 states, the District of Columbia and all U.S. Territories. The organization serves as a medium for the exchange of information between states and fosters cooperation in the development of public policy. Key NASS initiatives include elections and voting, state business services, and state heritage/archives.
Scott Schwab grew up in Great Bend and graduated from Fort Hays State University. In November 2018, Schwab was elected to serve as Kansas Secretary of State. Schwab previously served in the Kansas House of Representatives as Chairman of the House Elections Committee, Chairman of the House Financial Institutions & Insurance Committee and as House Speaker Pro Tempore. He resides in Overland Park with his wife, Michele, and their children.